TAKE THE PLUNGE! At some level, we're all entrepreneurs--some of us in spirit; others in practice. The next MashUp is all about celebrating entrepreneurial courage and helping aspiring entrepreneurs take the next step, whatever it may be. Up to 5 would-be entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to present their ideas or innovations and receive real-time feedback from a group of successful entrepreneurs who enjoy helping others and who have adopted a triple bottom line (people, planet, profit) approach to running their businesses. One lucky entrepreneur will have the opportunity to win dinner with a startup pro at the Ivywild School, whose founders embody the entrepreneurial spirit.
WHAT IS MASHUP? MashUp is a high-impact networking event that brings together aspiring entrepreneurs, investors, startup pros, and job seekers in a fun environment with great people! In the startup world, the right connections are at least as important as a great idea. MashUp was launched for this very reason--to help entrepreneurs connect with the resources they need to pursue their great ideas. The next MashUp is part of Innovate Colorado Springs, a community initiative created to serve as a catalyst for innovation and entrepreneurship in the Pikes Peak region. MashUp is FREE! Everyone is welcome. Registration is required. To register, please sign up through MeetUp or send an email to
to reserve your spot.
BEER, FOOD, & FUN!
Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to meet investors, experienced entrepreneurs, peers, industry experts, and community leaders and grow their business network. Cash bar.
WHEN: Wed, April 16; 5:30-8:00 PM
WHERE: Ivywild School Gym, 1604 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO
6:00-7:15 Aspiring entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to present their ideas or innovations and receive real-time feedback from a group of savvy startup entrepreneurs, who have successfully started and grown companies.
7:15-8:00 More networking
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Entrepreneurs & aspiring entrepreneurs
• Job seekers interested in working for startups
• Anyone with business or technology experience who would like to mentor entrepreneurs.
• Community leaders interested in learning about & supporting our region's entrepreneurs
WANT TO PRESENT? If you would like to present at the next MashUp, please send an email to Mary Fox
by Friday, April 4 with the following information :
1. Name of your company and/or innovation.
2. Briefly describe your product or idea.
3. What market or business sector does your idea or innovation address?
4. Are there other companies offering the same thing that you do? If yes, who?
5. If you answered yes to #4, what do you think your competitive advantage is/will be?
6. What is the makeup of the founding team and the level of experience each member has relevant to your idea/innovation?
7. Are you currently funded? How?
GOT QUESTIONS ABOUT GROWING YOUR STARTUP? Please drop them in the fish bowl at the start of MashUp. Your questions will be answered by entrepreneurs in attendance.
See you there!