Thanks to everyone who came to the last MashUp event and making it a huge success! We had another fantastic turnout. Excellent presentations by John Hautman, Chief Legal Officer of eMMUNITY, and Lance Miller, President and CEO of Spotlight Technology.
It was wonderful to see Joe Raso, President and CEO of the Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance, Bree Langemo, Dean of Business, Public Service & Social Services at PPCC, Hannah Parsons, co-founder of Epicentral Coworking, Jim Wittenberg from Score, Patrick Bultema, Executive Director of the Big Idea, Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Colorado College, Brad Brackel, PVG Board Member, and many others who are all doing their part to support and encourage local entrepreneurs. Thanks also to:
- Bristol Brewing Company for a fantastic venue, great beer and service! Two lucky winners received free beer.
- Our friends at the Pikes Peak Library District for letting us use their sound system;
- Chris Blees, Duncan Stewart, and Ric Denton for sharing their in-the-trenches experiences and investor insights.
WHAT IS MASHUP?
MashUp is a high-impact networking event that brings together investors, entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, startup pros, industry experts, and job seekers in a fun environment with great people! In the startup world, the right connections are at least as important as a great idea. MashUp was launched for this very reason--to help entrepreneurs connect with the resources they need to pursue their great ideas. FREE! Everyone is welcome. The next MashUp will focus on what it takes to patent your innovation--a panel of leading patent attorneys from Denver and Colorado Springs will share their insights on what it takes to patent your innovation and if it makes sense to do so.
BEER, FOOD, & FUN!
Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to meet investors, experienced entrepreneurs, peers, community leaders, and grow their business network. Cash bar.
* Aspiring entrepreneurs
* Job seekers
* Community leaders
* Anyone with the experience, time and
desire to mentor startup entrepreneurs.
6:00-6:30 Ask the Startup Pros | Q&A
To patent or not to patent. A panel of leading patent attorneys will share their insights on what it takes to patent your innovation, and the pros and cons of doing so. Bring your questions!
6:30-7:00 Start Me Up!
2 entrepreneurs will present their innovations and receive real-time feedback from the audience.
WANT TO PRESENT?
If you're an entrepreneur or aspiring one and would like to present at the next MashUp, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name of your company and/or innovation
- Briefly describe your product or idea.
- What market or business sector does your idea or innovation address?
- What's your competitive advantage?
- What is the makeup of the founding team and the level of experience each member has relevant to your idea/innovation?
- Are you currently funded? How?
We will contact you about 1 week prior to MashUp and let you know if you've been selected.
Wed, March 19, 5:30-7:30 PM
Bristol Brewing Company -- The Wildcat Room
1604 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO
Space is limited and registration is required. Please reserve your spot by sending an email to
or call 719.685.7877 x100. You can also sign up via Meetup: www.meetup.com/MashUp-Investorsandentrepreneurs/